Saturday, December 16, 2017

Change Your Strategy

  
I remembered in the early days of my food business. I tried to reach out to as many people as I could. I gave out my contact and expected people to start calling me. I received so many nice comments about the food. People loved it. I was happy. So, I relaxed, expecting people to start calling me. I waited and waited, nobody called. What happened? I asked! Then, I decided to go meet people in their different homes, hostels and apartments. The result was amazing. It was as though people were waiting for me to come. “But they promised they’re gonna call me, why didn’t they call?” I exclaimed in anger. I realized that if people are not doing what they promised to do, I should do what I have in my capacity to do. If they are not calling me, I will call them. That is the point. A lot of time we are there waiting for people to call us, to do something for us, to go somewhere for us. But, if they are not doing it, can you go ahead and do what you have in your capacity to do. At least, with this, nobody can stop you from doing what you have decided to do, except your own self. So, this gives us the privilege of not living at the mercy of people in life. The important thing is for the action/change to be initiated, once you start, people can join you. While you are waiting for people to act, don’t sit down and keep expecting, nothing may not be done at the end. You’ve got to be always proactive in anything that concerns your progress. People will then come to give their supports and contribution once they see the work has already started. Get on your business now. Excerpt from My Book- The Language Of Change.

No comments: