Saturday, April 28, 2018

Growing Up


My mom told me stories of my childhood when I was growing up. If you really want to know how children grew up, you may not need to ask the fathers, they may not have much ideas. Ask the mothers, they will give you the details with dates. Fathers contribute a lot, Yes! Perhaps not in the area of nursing a child. I understand there are some exceptional fathers who play the role of mothers. They are so close to their children that even the children don’t want their mother anymore. Kudos to such fathers. But in general, men are not just designed for that role except they love doing it. Anyways, I know my mom did an amazing job when I was growing up. She told me how I used to act when I was a toddler. She said I would wake up early in the morning, moved under the bed and be hitting the furniture till everybody in the house wakes up. For her, it was such an annoying thing especially when you are enjoying your sleep and one child is there disturbing you. She tried to change me but I wouldn’t just change. So, she and everyone in the house had to adapt. My father wouldn’t have anything to say. He left it with my mom to handle. But my mom said I was such a child with unique character. And sometimes when I remembered those things I’d done in the past, I just laughed and laughed. I know there are many mothers like my mom who are experiencing different things with their children while they are growing up. Perhaps part of those experiences is throwing of tantrums for little or no reasons by the child, competing for the mother’s attention every time, biting or playing with the mother’s nipple while sucking, scattering things in the house, and going everywhere and eating everything. At early stage of infancy when the child is just learning to walk or crawling, mothers need to pay close attention to their child, less he injures himself. Children at the early years of growing need so much attention from the parents, especially the mothers and they thereafter turn out to be good children. Happy Weekend!

No comments: