Saturday, May 18, 2024

The Color of Your Skin Has A Purpose


On a late Friday evening, around 11 pm, I was out having my evening bike ride when I stumbled upon a mob, 99% white people. I saw them trooping out of a big hall – seems like something was going on. And as a person, I’m always curious about things. 

So, I parked my bike and went to ask someone about what was going on. I approached a gentleman. He was reserved at first to respond, then he told me – “Oh, it’s a music concert.” As he was talking, he was pulling back, sort of like he didn’t want to talk. 

I quickly understood and allowed him to go. The people that were with him were also not comfortable. Perhaps, I sensed because they saw an African person asking them about a music concert.

I hardly saw any black person around. So, it was obvious that the concert entertained mostly white people. And I understand. This is their country. They have every right to do their own thing and attend programs that are exclusive for them, even though they won’t write that on their website.

Now, here’s the idea I want to bring out. I felt bad seeing their response and how also one of the security agents was rude to me. I wanted to ask more about the event, but his response was rude. 

Then, I began to think, is it even a curse to have black skin? Why must people always be judging me because of my skin color when I didn’t decide or choose that for myself? Why would people just assume who I am based on my skin color without even having to hear anything from me? I felt this is unfair and very bad.

Though I know a lot of these white people pretend they protect human rights and they are for everyone’s good. But in their head, they always think black people are subhumans. They are below them. They’ve got nothing really to offer the world.

If you see many subtle racist behaviors many of them engage in, you will be shocked to your bones. In their closet, they always say nasty and derogatory things about black people. 

I keep asking myself, why should my skin color, something natural that I didn’t create by myself be a yardstick for measuring my intelligence or ability? Why should my skin color be my limitation in life and the lens through which people will be looking at me?

I felt so embarrassed and angry.

But at a point, I began to understand something differently. I realized that it can’t be that the Creator has made a mistake. It can’t be that just skin color will give someone privilege over me or make them better or more successful than I am. There must be something more about this.

There is a purpose for my skin color. And that purpose must be known. I must understand that the Creator has made us all equally and fearfully. And nobody is bigger or smaller than the other. 

We all have the same right and privilege before Him. And we all have the same value and worth. Yes, He made us different. He gave us different capacities and abilities. We have different gifts and talents. But that doesn’t make one better than the other. It doesn’t make one more human than the other. 

Even the one he gave 5 talents, he gave him 100% of his reward. Likewise the one he gave 2 talents, he also gave him 100% of his reward. All of us are equal and valuable before Him. It is human beings that bring the idea of racism and discrimination, and we must not allow them to thrive. We must not allow them to dominate our minds.

Now, the point is there is a purpose for your skin color. There is a reason why you have black skin and someone else has white skin. There is a reason why you felt racism while the other person doesn’t even know how it feels.

As an African, you'll often experience that racism when you are in a foreign land. But that is not the end of the world. Your life is precious to the Creator, and He wants you to value it. He wants you to cherish it. He doesn’t just want you to trivialize it because of the pressure in the world. 

He doesn’t want you to succumb to the antics of the world. He wants you to value your skin color. He wants you to stand in the gap for those who are going through discrimination and humiliation. He wants you to feel their pain, experience the challenges and be able to offer effective help to them. 

The fact that the color of your skin is black is not a shame but an opportunity – it is the fact that all things are working together for your good. 

A time will come, and very soon, when African skin will become gold all over the world. It will be celebrated, and everybody will want to have black skin because of how much value and glory it will carry.

I see you rising beyond your challenges and turning every difficulty into your stepping stones. 

Stick around to check out my new updates. Thanks for reading and bye for now. 

If you enjoy this post, kindly share with someone. Thanks for your support! 

Will you like to write a book – share your story, ideas or knowledge in a book, now it’s easier than ever. In 3 weeks, your book will be written and published. Send a message to: bookminds247@gmail.com

Get my books on Amazon: My Amazon Books

If you want customized songs for you or your loved ones' birthday, wedding, or any ceremony, Iseay music got you. Contact @ +31685154335 (WhatsApp message only)

For support and sponsorship, contact: sopiensofgod@gmail.com

You can also check out these posts: 

1. Why Most Black People Are Poor

2. Everything You Need Is In the Hands of People

3. 7 Surprising Ways to Lose Weight

4. What to Do When You Are Confused


No comments: